- 4 slices of bread of your choice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp. medium or hot piri piri sauce
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices medium or mild cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup medium or hot piri piri sauce
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the Piri Piri sauce.
- Spread the inside of the bread slices with the mayonnaise then garnish with the cheeses.
- Close the sandwiches.
- Place the Piri Piri sauce in a large deep bowl.
- Dip the sandwiches on both sides in the Piri Piri sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sandwiches to the pan and cook 2-4 minutes on one side until browned.
- Flip the sandwiches, cover and cook over low heat 3-5 minutes until the cheeses are melted.