- 2 chicken legs with skin
- 2 tbsp. piri piri spices
- Frozen fries, quantity of your choice
- 6 mini bell peppers, halved horizontally
- 150 g cheese curds
- 30 ml powdered demi-glace sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup medium or hot piri piri sauce, or more to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken legs on a baking sheet lined with baking paper then pat them dry.
- Add a light drizzle of oil, the spices, salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Bake the chicken 28-32 minutes in the oven or until the chicken is cooked through. Broil for 2-3 minutes to further color the skin, if desired.
- On another baking sheet lined with baking paper, place the fries and peppers.
- Bake in the oven for 24-26 minutes until browned.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the demi-glace and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook for 4-6 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Add pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- When all the ingredients are ready, assemble the poutine in a bowl. Garnish with the Piri Piri sauce and green onions.